Black-Eyed Pea Fritters with Hot Pepper Sauce
['1 cup dried black-eyed peas, sorted, soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed', '1/2 medium onion, diced', '1/2 cup raw peanuts', '1 teaspoon minced thyme', '1/4 teaspoon cayenne', '1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar', '1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water', '1 teaspoon coarse sea salt', '1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper', '1 tablespoon cornmeal', '5 cups coconut oil']
• Remove the skins from the beans by adding them to a large bowl, filling the bowl with water, agitating the beans, and fishing out the skins that float to the top with a fine mesh strainer. Rinse beans well.
• In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the beans, onion, peanuts, thyme, cayenne, vinegar, water, and salt and pulse until completely smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 200° F.
• Remove the batter from the refrigerator, add the bell pepper and cornmeal, and beat with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes.
• In a medium-size saucepan over high heat, warm the coconut oil until hot but not smoking, about 5 minutes.
• Lower the oil to medium high, and in batches of 5, spoon the batter into the oil, 1 tablespoon at a time. Fry, stirring around, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. If necessary, adjust the temperature to ensure that the fritters do not cook too quickly.
• Transfer the fritters to a paper towel-lined plate and allow them to drain. Transfer the drained fritters to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm.
• Serve hot with Hot Pepper Sauce .
Attribution for Recipes (CC BY-SA 3.0):
The recipes displayed in this app have been crated using content available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license. The recipes are based on the following dataset:
[Food Ingredients and Recipes Dataset with Images]
License: CC BY-SA 3.0
We would like to express our gratitude to the content creators who contributed to the dataset and shared their work under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license, allowing us to showcase and share these recipes with you.