101 "Whaler" Fish Sandwich
['1 cup whole milk', '2 eggs', '1 1/2 cups flour', '1/4 cup yellow cornmeal', '2 tablespoons chopped parsley', '4 flounder fillets', 'Salt and pepper to taste', '3 tablespoons canola oil', '4 sesame-seed hamburger buns', '4 leaves romaine lettuce', '1/2 tomato, sliced', '4 slices mild cheese, such as mild cheddar (optional)', '1/2 cup mayonnaise', '2 tablespoons pickle relish', '1 tablespoon lemon juice', '1 dash Tabasco sauce']
1. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. In another medium-size bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, and parsley.
2. Season the fish with the salt and pepper.
3. Dredge the fish through the egg mixture, then coat it thoroughly with the flour mixture.
4. In a large sauté pan, immediately heat the oil over medium-high heat. When it is hot but not smoking, add the fillets to the pan. Cook on one side until the batter is light golden brown, about 4 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Using a slotted spatula, remove them from the pan and drain on paper towels.
5. Meanwhile, whisk together the tartar-sauce ingredients (if using).
6. Slice the buns and spread the tartar sauce (if using) on the insides. Place a fillet on each bottom bun, then top with the lettuce, tomato, and cheese, if desired.
Attribution for Recipes (CC BY-SA 3.0):
The recipes displayed in this app have been crated using content available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license. The recipes are based on the following dataset:
[Food Ingredients and Recipes Dataset with Images]
License: CC BY-SA 3.0
We would like to express our gratitude to the content creators who contributed to the dataset and shared their work under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license, allowing us to showcase and share these recipes with you.