Arugula and Roasted Pear Salad
['4 firm, almost-ripe pears (Bartlett or Bosc), peeled, cored, and cut lengthwise', '2 tablespoons sugar', '1 tablespoon butter, melted', '2 tablespoons pine nuts', '3 tablespoons olive oil', '1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar', '1 clove garlic, minced', 'Salt and pepper, to taste', 'N/A pepper', '1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard', '1/2 teaspoon maple syrup', '6 cups arugula or mixed salad greens', '2 tablespoons dried cranberries', '1/4 cup fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese', '12 calendula blossoms']
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the pears, sugar, and butter. Arrange the pears in a single layer in a baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until the pears are barely tender, 10—15 minutes.
3. Dry roast the pine nuts in a skillet for 5 minutes, until toasty brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In a large salad bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, mustard, and maple syrup. Add the arugula or salad greens and toss to coat.
5. Divide the salad onto four chilled plates. Arrange the roasted pears in a fan around the center, and sprinkle with the cranberries, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts. Scatter with petals from the calendula blossoms.
Attribution for Recipes (CC BY-SA 3.0):
The recipes displayed in this app have been crated using content available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license. The recipes are based on the following dataset:
[Food Ingredients and Recipes Dataset with Images]
License: CC BY-SA 3.0
We would like to express our gratitude to the content creators who contributed to the dataset and shared their work under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license, allowing us to showcase and share these recipes with you.