Busters and Grits
['Salt', '1 cup white corn grits', '6 tablespoons butter', '1/2 cup mascarpone cheese', 'Freshly ground black pepper', '1/2 cup milk', '4 eggs, beaten', '1 cup cornmeal', '1/2 cup flour', '1 teaspoon Basic Creole Spices', '1 quart canola oil', '6 small soft-shell blue crabs, cleaned', '1 cup Basic Crab Pan Sauce', '3 cloves garlic, minced', '1 green onion, chopped', '2 dashes Tabasco']
1. Bring 4 cups lightly salted water to a boil in a medium heavy-bottomed pot over high heat. Slowly pour the grits into the boiling water, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low. Stir the grits often to make sure they don't stick to the bottom of the pot. Simmer until all the water has been absorbed and the grits become soft, about 20 minutes.
2. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the butter and the mascarpone. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the grits to keep a crust from forming.
3. Whisk together the milk, eggs, cornmeal, flour, and Creole Spices in a medium bowl until smooth.
4. Heat the canola oil in a deep skillet over high heat until it reaches a temperature of 350° on a candy thermometer. Dip the crabs in the cornmeal batter, then fry the crabs, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes. Remove crabs from skillet and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the Crab Pan Sauce along with the garlic and green onions in a small saucepan over moderate heat.
6. Bring to a boil, stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and the Tabasco, and season with salt and pepper. Once you've added the butter, remove from heat.
7. Spoon grits into a large serving bowl. Ladle a generous amount of sauce around the grits, then put the fried soft shells on top of the grits.
Attribution for Recipes (CC BY-SA 3.0):
The recipes displayed in this app have been crated using content available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license. The recipes are based on the following dataset:
[Food Ingredients and Recipes Dataset with Images]
License: CC BY-SA 3.0
We would like to express our gratitude to the content creators who contributed to the dataset and shared their work under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license, allowing us to showcase and share these recipes with you.